Beauty hacks are a woman’s best friend. They’re fast, easy, inexpensive, and they’re ingenious. No wonder beauty hacks are so popular in Pinterest.
To help you save even more time, we’ve compiled the best and most popular beauty hacks in Pinterest.
20. Use Apple Cider Vinegar as toner.
Apple cider vinegar is antiseptic and antibacterial. It balances the natural pH of the skin, exfoliates, and clears away excess oils. It’s ideal for treating acne and lightening acne scars and sun spots.
To use, mix 1 part ACV with 2 to 4 parts water depending how sensitive your skin is. Don’t forget to do a patch test first. (Source)
19. Wipe lotion around the nail for a perfect nail polish.
If you’ve got blurry vision or unsteady hands, this beauty hack is perfect for you. The lotion makes it easy to wipe away any wayward dabs of nail polish. (Source)
18. Use Coconut Oil as your eye makeup remover.
Coconut oil can be used on hair, body, nails, and just about anything. As eye makeup remover, simply rub coconut oil gently on closed eyes until you feel the makeup melting away. Open your eyes and wipe everything off your bottom lid, your top lid, and your brow. It’s as easy as that! (Source)
17. If you want to make your flaky, clumpy mascara last longer, mix a little contact solution in.
A little bit of contact solution helps make dry or clumpy mascara usable again. If it’s still lumpy, let it sit for 5 minutes in a mug of hot water. Make sure your mascara tube is tightly closed!
If your mascara is too old though or past expiry date, do get rid of it even if it’s your favorite. You don’t want to risk bacteria on your eyes! (Source)
16. Prime your eyes with white eyeliner to really make your colorful shadows and liners stand out.
A white kohl pencil eyeliner is a powerful secret tool in creating brighter lids. Using your white eyeliner, line your upper lashline. Apply eyeshadow powder on top of the white liner. Stipple instead of sweep. Do the same for your lower lashline and apply mascara. (Source)
15. After you have applied your lipstick, hold a tissue over your lips and lightly dust translucent powder over the tissue to set your lip color and make it last longer.
This little beauty hack will keep your lips colorful and kissable for longer than usual. There’s some prep involved though like exfoliating and moisturizing first (see item number 4 on how to exfoliate lips!), using a lip liner, and tinting. Make sure to use uniform shades althroughout. Finally, dusting translucent powder over a tissue will help set your lip color. (Source)
14. If you want a smudgy eyeliner look but only have a regular eyeliner pencil, heat up your pencil over a stove burner for a few seconds to soften it.
This is an amazingly easy beauty hack that gives an intense smudge like grease paint or kajal liner. Our source says it’s how makeup artists made gel liners in Old Hollywood.
When you heat your pencil, don’t forget to cool it down for 15 seconds and always test it first on the back of your hand to prevent burning yourself. (Source)
13. Use lemon juice to naturally highlight your hair.
Lemon juice is very acidic and can lighten the pigments in your hair. Exposure to sunlight also magnifies this lightening effect. Depending on your hair color, the result is a bit of a surprise though. Also, there are some precautions to take like doing this in moderation (not too often) and keeping away from chlorinated pools.
There’s different ways to lighten your hair with lemon juice but one fo the ways to do it is to squeeze and collect the juice of 1-2 lemons in a bowl. Add a quarter of lukewarm water and rinse your hair with the lemon water. Get some sun for 30 to 60 minutes then wash it all off with shampoo followed by conditioning. (Source)
12. Make a waterproof lip stain from Kool-Aid.
Use your finger and a Q tip to get a cool Kool-Aid lip stain. Try different flavors to get different colors. (Source)
11. Use the handle and the rounded edge of a spoon to create the perfect winged liner.
Draw a straight line against the outer corner of your eye with the handle of a spoon as a guide. Next, create a curved and winged tip using the rounded edge of the spoon. Fill in the outline you’ve made and draw a line across your lashline to finish. (Source)
10. Spray the bristles of an old toothbrush with hairspray to help tame flyaways.
The bristles of a toothbrush are finely and regularly packed. With hairspray on the bristles, this beauty hack will help you keep your hairstyle in place. (Source)
See more on page 2.